Monday, September 11, 2006

Enthusiasm! Insights

September is the anniversary month of when I started on the adventure of the entrepreneur. My business was officially launched September 1988, which makes this the 18th year anniversary.

Reflecting on these past 18 years includes reviewing highlights and key turning points. One that seems appropriate to share here is the first issue of the A System that Works Newsletter with the main column titled:

Keys to Success

There are a few workshops that I do where I discuss the idea of Success and expound on various components and their meanings such as:

Self-honesty
Understanding
Confidence
Communication
Enthusiasm
Serenity
Sincerity

We often go about our normal routines thinking others see and understand things as we do. Thank goodness someone or something causes us to stop and think about whether we truly understand. Based on the above ‘spelling’ of success, a recent workshop participant asked: “How does one draw enthusiasm and keep it?” After mulling it over, I came up with several factors, which play a part in being enthusiastic.

Paraphrased below is one of my favorite phrases from Mission Success by Og Mandino.

I work convinced that nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. To do anything today that is truly worth doing, I do not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can.


This newsletter was published in Spring 1990. I’ve come a long way since then. How much easier my journey has been by choosing to jump in with gusto, scrambling through as well as I could, even when I didn't feel like it.


© 2006 Antoinette S. Webster, A System that Works, All rights reserved. For permission to reprint this post, contact
Info@AsystemthatWorks.com.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?